2016-2017 Winter AAU Tryouts are scheduled:
5th Grade – October 9th 11-12:30pm & October 10th 6-7:30pm
6th Grade – October 2nd 3-4:30pm & October 3rd 6-7:30pm
7th Grade – October 2nd 4:30-6pm & October 3rd 7:30-9pm
8th Grade – October 2nd 1-3pm & October 3rd 7:30-9pm
There will be a one time $10 tryout fee and a required waiver form (print one off from our forms page). If you have any questions, please direct them to Club President, Ed Van Aelstyn @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Time Commitment/Length of Season: Practices will be held usually twice a week. During the winter season, 7th & 8th grade teams may practice only once a week since most players will also be playing on their school basketball teams. During the season players should expect to play in two weekend tournaments a month. These tournaments are usually 3-games and held on Saturdays and Sundays at Hardwood Palace in Rocklin or high schools in the Sacramento area. A practice and tournament schedule will be provided after teams are finalized.
Winter Season: November – February (5-7 tournaments)
Spring Season: March –May, (5-7 tournaments) this season is totally dependent on number of kids interested and an available coach
Summer Season: TBD
2016 Club Fees:
Below is a summary of anticipated per player fees for the 2016 season.
Session Fee’s: approximately $275 per session
- 5 tournaments (approximately 15 games), the older teams will typically play a few more tournaments which would raise the season fee by a nominal amount
- 4 Preseason Skill/Conditioning workouts to be held on Sundays starting last Sunday in October
- Two practices weekly (at local schools)
- Other one-time costs that will/could be incurred:
- AAU card: $14 – all players will be expected to purchase an AAU card as soon as they have been officially placed on a team. A link to the AAU website is on our “Join AAU” page.
- Uniform: Cost of uniform will be approximately $65.00.